Roulette is a fascinating casino table game played by punters from all areas of the world. Unlike other casino table games, which require a winning strategy, roulette is based on pure luck. It is also easy to learn and play and comes in different versions. Since the invention of online casinos, roulette has spread to different parts of the world, including New Zealand.
Several reputable online casinos accept both new and experienced gamblers from New Zealand. Our team of experts has rigorously tested and certified all the casino sites on our list for safety, game collection, bonuses and promotional offers, customer service, and more. If you are a New Zealander searching for the best online casino sites, you are in the right place.
Top Online Casinos to Play Roulette[bonustable num=5 orderby=’_as_rating’ version=’2′ ]
Major Online Roulette Game Variations
Currently, many online roulette variations are available for New Zealand players, including American, European, and French Roulette. The main difference between these variations is the house edge.
- American Roulette: This version has many similarities to the European variant, like bets and payouts, but has double zeros on the wheel. American roulette also has a house edge of 5.26%.
- European Roulette: The European version has a house edge of 2.70% and a total of 37 pockets. The low house edge makes European roulette a favorite among online punters.
- French Roulette: French roulette is more or less like the European version. However, this version has two additional rules that make it more fun to play.
- Live Dealer Roulette: In live roulette, players have the opportunity to play against real human dealers in live studios. This has become common in the iGaming industry. New Zealand roulette lovers can find live dealer roulette at any reputable online casino listed in the next section.
Click below to play Roulette at Spin Palace Casino & grab your $1000 Welcome Bonus!
Rules of Roulette
As mentioned, playing online roulette is simple. Generally, you select a number(s) or color(s), place your bet, and spin the wheel. If the ball lands in the pocket you selected. If it doesn’t, you lose your money. However, roulette involves more than placing bets and spinning. Although it is considered a luck-based table game, you must apply some skill when it comes to your betting strategy. You might not be able to control where the ball lands but there’s a lot you can do to increase your chances of winning. It’s commonly said that ‘roulette is easy to play but hard to master’.
Online roulette is played on a wheel with 37 or 38 pockets (depending on the version). Each pocket is marked with a number from 0 to 36 in the European version and 0 to 37 in the American version. In both versions, all the zero pockets are colored green while the other pockets are evenly divided between red and black. The way you choose to play online roulette depends on a number of factors, including your betting strategy and the size of your bankroll.
Odds in Online Roulette
Many roulette players don’t learn about the odds of the game, but they are important. Before playing with real money, you must gain a better understanding of how the odds increase your chance of winning while placing different bets. The odds in this game create a balance between the risk of playing and the potential profits to the player.
Roulette has different types of bets which are categorized as either inside or outside. Inside bets have smaller chances of winning but larger payouts while outside bets have better chances of winning but lower payouts. There are six types of online roulette inside bets you can make: Straight-up, Street, Split, Corner, Six Line, and Trio. On the other hand, the outside bets include numbers 1 to 18, 19 to 36, red or black, even or odd, dozen bets, and column bets. In any roulette game, the casino has an advantage over players; this is how the casino makes a profit. This advantage is known as the house edge.
It is important to mention that the house edge is not the same in online roulette variants. In the American version, the house edge is slightly higher, at 5.26%, whereas in the European version it is 2.70%. Thus, most punters prefer the European version to the American version.
Online Roulette Strategies
Following are some of the most recommended roulette betting strategies you can use toincrease your chances of winning big.
- The Martingale strategy; increase your bets when you lose.
- The D’Alembert strategy; increase your bets when you lose and decrease your bets when you win.
- The Paroli strategy; increase your bets when you win.
- The Parlay strategy; re-invest the funds when you win.
- The Fibonacci strategy; based on the sequence of numbers such as 1,1,2,3,5…
Top Online Roulette Tips
While roulette is designed in favor of the casino, you can use several tips and tricks to boost your influence over the game’s outcome. The best tips we have compiled are:
- Always play at a reputable online casino.
- Play for fun.
- Choose the European version.
- Learn to use roulette betting strategies.
- Play with outside bets.
- Increase your odds when using inside bets.
- Opt for the multiplayer version for more fun.
- Practice with the free roulette version.
- Never chase your losses.
The Bottom Line
Regardless of whether you choose to play in an online casino site or a brick and mortar, online Roulette provides players with numerous opportunities for winning big. Besides being easy to play, it is fun and it is available in different variations too. New Zealand based online Roulette players will be lost for choice when it comes to choosing a Roulette site.
These casino sites offer generous bonuses and promotions to attract players to join their platforms. However, it is important to use check the terms and conditions of each casino bonus before using it.