For most players in New Zealand, the one thing holding them back from joining an online casino is the prospect of handing over their personal details while transferring cash into their accounts.
Casinos such as Dunder, Casumo, Casino Room, Jackpot City, and Spin Palace – among others – offer a wide range of payment methods, like credit cards, e-wallets, bank wires, and prepaid debit cards that guarantee security and convenience. These methods also suit your privacy and banking needs.
Credit cards such as Visa and Mastercard are among the most popular methods of depositing funds in online casinos. A major reason why credit cards are popular include their worldwide acceptance by top casinos, the ability to make large deposits and cash-outs, and their reliable security and top customer support.
- Visa Card – Ever since the establishment of online casinos, Visa cards have been accepted worldwide as a means of payment. This is attributed to the Visa card’s safety and ease of use. Once you deposit your bankroll through Visa, you can wager on a wide variety of online casino games.
- Mastercard – The Mastercard payment option is popular among both credit and debit card users. It is accepted by most online casinos and offers secure, fast withdrawals and deposits, as well as outstanding cash-out times.
|Use of credit cards is easy and safe. The player’s details are concealed.||There is a risk of overspending with a Visa card. However, you can set card limits and thereby control the amount you pay each month.
|Credit cards allow players to deposit cash into online casinos, even if no funds are available, and make payments at the end of the month.||Defaulting to settle monthly balances will rack up interest fees and fines, which could inconvenience players.
|Payment transactions are fast.|
|Winnings are deposited directly to your bank account, which is secure.|
E-wallets are also among the most popular payment methods used in online casinos. After you create an account, all your card information is stored safely, away from unauthorised individuals.[excerptlist cat=’payment methods’ ]
Popular e-wallets accepted at online casinos include:
- PayPal – PayPal prides itself on its reputation of upholding security measures. This is why it is the most preferred e-wallet.
- Neteller – Neteller is one of the first e-wallets to have been accepted by online casinos and has retained its position as a widely used digital wallet. It operates in more than 200 countries.
- Skill – Formerly known as Moneybookers, this is one of the fastest e-wallet payment methods for online casinos. With Skill, a player has access to more than 40 currencies.
- Ecopayz or Eco cards – This is a popular electronic payment channel accepted by most online gaming platforms. It is easy to use and does not require a credit check.
|When you make a deposit using an e-wallet, you do not have to divulge your sensitive financial data.||The method may sometimes charge you high fees for transactions, which discourages many players.|
|Quick and Easy Deposits||Casino bonuses are rare|
|Convenience is a major highlight when using an e-wallet to make a deposit at any casino.|
This method of payment is an alternative for players who are sceptical about undertaking transactions via credit cards or e-wallets.
A bank wire transfer is used to transfer funds from one entity to another, or from player to casino and vice versa. The payment is carried out through local banks or specialized cash offices.
|A large amount of money can be transferred at once, which makes the method the most preferred option for high rollers.||The method is considered expensive in comparison to other methods, like e-wallets and credit cards.
|Bank wire is one of the safest methods that players in New Zealand can use.||Transfers take longer to process than they do with e-wallets and cards
|Most Casinos accept Bank Wire|
Prepaid Debit Cards
Prepaid debit cards offer players a low-risk instant payment option. These cards are not linked to banks; they are purchased online or at a bank, where they are loaded with cash.
|They are not linked to any bank, so any loss or fraud is limited to the card balance.||Prepaid debit cards have fees, which some players consider hefty.
|The cards offer transaction protection.||The cards often do not fall under the protection of services compensation schemes in New Zealand; hence, the chances of loss are high.
|They do not require you to have a bank account or credit history.|
|They help manage and limit spending for players.|